Carrot Cake with Tiger Purrr Cream Cheese Icing
Enjoy the delightful balance of sweetness and spice in a carrot cake that's simply delicious.
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil infused with 2 tb Tiger Purrr Chai (See recipe below)
2 cups self raising flour
1tsp cinnamon powder
¾ tsp ground green cardamon
½ tsp ground clove
½ tsp ginger powder
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 cups grated carrot
½ cup lightly toasted walnuts plus a handful for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Line a 22cm round cake tin (with a removable bottom) with paper and lightly grease with butter.
3. Using a cake-mixer with a dough paddle, whisk the sugar and oil together until thick.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, continue to mix until combined and smooth.
5. Add the flour, spices and bicarb, mix slowly to combine.
6. Add the carrot and walnuts, mix until smooth.
7. Pour the mixture into the cake tin and bake for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and rest on a cake rack until cooled.
200g softened cream cheese
100g Tiger Purrr butter (See recipe below)
2 cup sifted icing sugar
1. In a cake mixer, beat the cream cheese and softened butter together until smooth and pale.
2. Slowly add the icing sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
To Make the Cake
1. Cut the cake in half horizontally. Spread half the cream cheese mixture over the top of one of the pieces.
2. Place the other half on top and spread the top of that piece with remaining icing.
3. Decorate with walnuts and grated carrot.
Tiger Purrr Infused Oil
250g vegetable oil
2tb Tiger Purrr
1. Combine the ingredients in a saucepan.
2. Place over low heat and gently heat until the oil temperature reaches 65C.
3. Remove from heat and allow the oil to cool to room temperature before use.
Tiger Purrr Butter
500g unsalted butter
2tb Tiger Purrr
1. Add butter and Tiger Purrr to a saucepan and set over low heat.
2. Slowly and gently melt the butter.
3. As soon as all the butter melts remove it from the heat and let the chai infuse with the butter for 20 minutes.
5. Strain chai from the butter into a container and refrigerate for later use.